2. Information We May Collect. From time to time, you may provide Us with your personally identifiable information when using the Online Services. We collect information from Our users for several different purposes, including (but not limited to) in connection with the following:
Moment Magazine Subscriptions: We give you the option to subscribe to the print and/or digital editions Moment Magazine through Our website. In order to do so, you will be required to provide your name, mailing address, and payment information (which may include your credit card information).
Newsletter Subscriptions: You may also subscribe to Our e-mail newsletters through Our website, in which case you will be required to provide Us with your e-mail address.
Donations: We give you the option to make a donation to Moment through Our website. If you chose to make a donation, We will need to collect you name, mailing address, e-mail address, the donation amount and your payment information (which may include your credit card information).
Comments: You may post comments to articles on Our website, in which case you will be required to provide Us with your name and e-mail address.
3. Cookies. We, or our advertisers or service providers, may also use “cookies” to track and gather certain information when You use the Online Services. A cookie is a small text file that contains information and is either stored temporarily in your browser (a session cookie) or placed on your computer’s hard drive for a longer, predetermined length of time (a persistent cookie). The cookie is then sent back to the Online Services on your subsequent visits. The information gathered by these cookies is typically “non-personally identifiable” information like your IP address, operating system, browser type, and suspected geographic location that is anonymized and aggregated with data from other website visitors.
4. How We Use and Share Information. We use the information you provide to deliver you the content and services you have requested, such as by sending you Our newsletters, providing you with online account access, or responding to your inquiries. We may also use your information to send you e-mails, mailings, surveys or other communications concerning Moment and Our products and initiatives. Additionally, We may use your information in connection with Our internal business purposes such as generating statistics and developing marketing plans, or for any other purpose We deem necessary or desirable to enhance your experience with the Online Services and related products and services.
We may retain other companies and individuals as Our service providers to perform functions on Our behalf – for example, data analysis firms, customer support specialists, webhosting companies, telemarketing companies and fulfillment companies (e.g., companies that coordinate mailings). These third parties may be provided with access to personally identifiable information, or may collect information about you and your use of the Online Services on their own.
We may provide access to Our mailing list of e-mail addresses, names and physical mailing addresses to Our partners or to other like-minded organizations for marketing, advertising, or fact-gathering purposes. If you prefer that your information is not provided to these organizations, please see Section 7 below. WE, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY TYPE OF DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OR EXPENSES, FOR THEIR ACTIONS AND CUSTOMER INFORMATION PRACTICES.
We may disclose any information, including personally identifiable information, We deem necessary, in Our sole discretion, to governmental authorities or private parties in order to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, investigation or governmental request. We may also disclose such information where We believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or violations of Our policies or Terms and Conditions, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing the Online Services and applicable laws, or as otherwise required or permitted by law or consistent with legal requirements.
5. Security. We may implement various security measures to help protect your personal information and reduce the risk of loss, misuse or alteration of the personal information under Our control. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while We strive to protect your personal information, We cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from the Online Services, and you do so at your own risk.
6. Retention. We will retain your personal information and other data submitted by you unless and until you ask to be removed from Our database. When you request to be removed from Our database, you will no longer receive e-mails from Us, but your information will remain in Our database and you may still receive your Moment Magazine subscription or other of Our mailings at your physical address. If you would like to be removed from Our database and physical address mailing list, please see Section 7 below. Please note that when information is removed from Our databases it may continue to exist in backup archives maintained by Us.
7. Updating Your Information and Opting Out. If you no longer wish to subscribe to Our online mailings or would like to change your e-mail preferences, you may do so at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each e-mail you receive from Us. Moment Magazine subscriptions are managed by a third-party service provider. If you would like to cancel your Moment Magazine subscription or change to subscription preferences, you must contact such service providers as indicated in their communications regarding your subscription. You may also remove your name from Our database and e-mail and physical address mailing lists, or remove your information from the list provided Our partners and other third party organizations, by contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be advised that sometimes these requests may take time to process. Unsubscribing from Our online mailings may take 2-4 weeks to be effective.
9. Business Transfers. As We continue to develop and grow, We may sell or liquidate certain of Our assets or combine Our operations with those of another entity. In such transactions, user information, including personally identifiable information, generally is one of the transferred business assets. By submitting your personally identifiable information through the Online Services you agree that We may transfer your information to such entities in these circumstances.
P.O. Box 5769
Washington, DC 20016