Description: Are you a dynamic and talented young writer with a passion for journalism?
Moment is searching for a fellow with previous journalism experience to join its hard-working and creative team. The fellow is expected to:
- Spearhead online editorial production: producing and editing online pieces, including writing, editing, production and management of Moment’s newsletters, ebooks and other digital projects.
- Lead digital outreach efforts: promote Moment’s content; expand Moment’s reach on social networks and partnerships; increase traffic to Moment’s website; monitor and report data on website visitors through HubSpot and Google analytics.
- Write occasional pieces for the print/digital edition, and assist with editing and production of the print magazine as well as with a variety of other projects.
- Work long hours along with the rest of the editorial staff to meet deadlines.
- Reporting experience
- Strong writing editing and critical thinking skills
- Comfort and experience with digital tools and platforms such as WordPress and Hubspot
- Social-media mastery of at least two or three platforms
- Positive attitude/Team player who enjoys hard work
Fellows work full-time in our Washington, DC office. Salaried position.
To Apply: Send a cover letter, resume and clips to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline June 30, 2016. No calls please.
About Moment: An independent magazine not tied to any movement or ideology, Moment is known for first-rate journalism on topics important to the Jewish community. Besides its print and digital magazine, Moment organizes symposia in venues around the country; administers a prestigious fiction-writing contest that highlights writers of Jewish short fiction; runs the well-known Daniel Pearl Investigative Journalism Initiative that enables young journalists to write in-depth stories about prejudice and anti-Semitism; and oversees fellowships that are training the next generation of investigative journalists. Moment’s online and new media content reaches hundreds of thousands of readers, subscribers, and viewers and its vast digital on-line archive houses nearly 40 years of content. For more information go to: momentmag.com